Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sparkle

Seasons change

Adrift in a current of improbable schemes
I proceeded until the water turned to sand
when the crosswinds licked my cheeks
I stepped onto the grass

Myriad blackbirds overhead
were arguing about their roost
I hadn't reached that point
my blanket was still wet

Seasons flow

I passed the rites but flunked language
I didn't understand periods
friends were always winking me to stop
I thought they thought that I was cool

I wanted to say enough to cover it all
thus my dilemma
the aphorisms I spouted
evaporated as quickly as I spoke them

Seasons are the reasons

The difference between slide, feint, and fake
is the perception of degrees
mine was in history
I learned to disregard outcomes

And that brings me to you
and the sparkle you cast
you've seen me deep in thought
have you ever doubted who I was thinking of

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home