Thursday, April 09, 2009

Exposed To Light

Turn over the rocks in your life
and expose me to light
A pale specter
Writhing in the glow of your being

Feeding upon your conscience
I grow into a passion
You can harvest
At your convenience

Watching you stare into the future
Fearful of your prescience
I slink about your present
faithfully redolent

Are you heartened by my adoration
Or weighted by my need
I have no reason to suckle you down
But I’ve found your breast
And won’t let go

The force of your will
the rush of my love
smoldering friction
is it a comforting warmth
Or the fire igniting

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Goodness, Mr. Lanaux...
We must keep a dictionary at the ready,
Whilst your poetry we read...
Your stanzas are deep,
Your passion pure heat...
Your words way over our heads...
You make us giggly, breathless
And somewhat aglow,
Our dear, dear Mr. Lanaux.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home